I feel both compelled and pressured to produce some sort of monumental final blog post for 2012 but am drawing blanks on a topic. Having considered and nixed several ideas including compiling a top 10 or 12 or 20 list and reflecting on the year as a whole, I decided to instead use this digital diary to jot down (err…type) some ramblings.
As evidenced by previous entries, this year was quite interesting to say the least, but it was very good to me nonetheless. I faced some challenges and gained what I’d consider a newfound independence. That said, I’m ready to close out 2012 on the right foot and welcome only the positive parts of the past year into 2013.
To welcome in 2013, I set several short- and long-term goals. While I choose not to make “resolutions” per se, I hope to begin achieving these goals (such a better way of putting it, right?) tomorrow.
- Eat healthier: Admittedly, I’m lazy in the kitchen. I need to start eating more greens and ridding my diet of processed foods.
- Take my vitamins: Again with the laziness. I think I’m going to purchase one of those 7-day pill containers as a helpful reminder.
- Make yoga a bigger part of my life: I have a serious need and desire to keep my mind and body in check. It’s time to commit to my yoga practice.
- Meet new people and make new friends: This seems pretty self-explanatory.
- Travel more: I hope to add some stamps to my rather empty passport.
- Feed my brain: I want to make more time to visit museums, attend seminars, see shows and explore.
- Blog more: My career consumes a major part of my life (plus, I sit in front of a computer for 8 hours a day), but I hope to make more time to keep you, my readers, friends and family (the reason I do this in the first place), entertained and informed.
- Complete my website redesign: Currently a work in progress. I’m excited to reveal the beautiful new look and feel soon.
Farewell, 2012. I can’t wait to see what 2013 will bring.